The abandoned Monastery of the Prophet Ilias at Iliovouni was built in 1720 by the monk Kallistos, its first abbot, and renovated in 1852 by the abbot Dionysios. The wall paintings in its church, executed in 1878, show strong western influences, and its marble icon screen holds interesting icons. The monastery cells were burnt by German occupation troops in 1943 to prevent their use by the Greek resistance; the belfry dates to 1908.

